A catering for Istanbul, by Erkan Helvaci from Eurolines International Events
1. Can you give us 3 tips for an entrepreneur who wants to hire a catering?
In event catering, the entrepreneur profile who needs catering is generally : the Exhibitor Itself, the Exhibition Contractor Company, and the Event Planner (as individual or as company).
2. What basic info do you need to design aWe and design a menu :
- number of guests
- number of event/exhibition days
- type of catering (breakfast, lunch, or dinner).
3. How long does it takes to design and close a menu?
We can design a basic menu within 24 hours. For specific menus, we need 48 hours to design them basically because you have to be according with the client and the menus need to be thought more to adapt them to the client wishes.
4. Which is the best part of working for a trade show, compared for example no working for a wedding?
We prefer to work on Trade Shows, it is more fun and it also permits you more interaction with the clients and people. In fact, our preferred events for catering respectively:
- Trade Shows/Exhibitions
- Film-sets catering
5. Working at events you meet people from different industries. Are there menu preferences depending on the kind of industry? (informal, elegant, etc.)
Generally standards catering wors for everybody, e.g. Breakfast Catering with sandwiches & coffees, or Lunch catering with chicken & green salads. Not too complicated unless they ask for something more specific.
6. Which is your star dish?
It depends on the customer's request. But we recommend Chicken Dishes, Meatballs, Macaroni, Green Salads, Fried Potatoes, and Turkish specialty Kebab Dishes.
7. An original catering menu for a stand on an event in Turkey.
Our ideal Event Stand Menu is :
For BREAKFAST > Sandwiches + Mini-Croissants + Pastry + Expresso Coffee + Nescafe + Milk + Tea + Fruit Juices For LUNCH > Chicken Cutlet + Green Salad + Special Deserts + Fresh Fruits
But the Turkish specialty dish is Doner Kebab with Bread Rolls, as it is very popular among foreign event/exhibition visitors/guests in Turkey.